2010 was a great year for music. While seven of these ten albums were previously featured in my Everyday Album series, I wanted to do an official top 10 list. These are my ten favorite albums from 2010.
I created an 8tracks mix of 10 songs from the 10 albums, so go ahead and press play now.
10. Best Coast, Crazy For You ($5 on Amazon)
When I heard that Zooey Deschanel and M. Ward were releasing a second album as She & Him, this is what I expected as a follow up to their first album. Sweet syrupy pop with an edge.
9. The Head and the Heart, The Head and the Heart ($7.99 on Amazon)
A wonderful group you probably haven’t heard of. I hadn’t until this year when their self-titled album started getting a lot of buzz.
8. Mumford & Sons, Sigh No More ($7.99 on Amazon)
This album has a lot of great sounds on it and fits into a lot of genres. I heard it on the Adult Contemporary radio station in Portland, and streamed on the Adult Alternative radio station in San Francisco. Plenty to like and plenty to look forward to from Mumford & Sons in the future.
7. Kasey Anderson, Nowhere Nights ($8.99 on Amazon) (Everyday Album)
6. Broken Bells, Broken Bells ($5 on Amazon) (Everyday Album)
5. Mates of State, Crushes ($6.99 on Amazon) (Everyday Album)
4. Arcade Fire, The Suburbs ($7.99 on Amazon) (Everyday Album)
3. The Black Keys, Brothers ($9.99 on Amazon) (Everyday Album)
2. The National, High Violet ($7.99 on Amazon) (Everyday Album)
1. Josh Ritter, So Runs the World Away ($8.99 on Amazon) (Everyday Album)