I feel overdue for a post. I know I owe an Album of the Week from Sunday and a New Music Tuesday, and I will get to those…Promise. And I have a songwriter article pretty much written to post later too. To kick off the day, the summer solstice, the longest day of the year, I will give you another 18 tracks of randomness from my iTunes…If you don’t remember the last time I did this I click random and tell you the first 18 songs that the random robot chooses from my ever expanding 66 days of music…so here we go, and remember no editing, so I can’t be held responsible if horrible songs show up.
1. Mint Royale – From Rusholme With Love
2. Neilson Hubbard – Paper Star (live)
3. Jose Gonzales – Save Your Day
4. Uncle Tupelo – Nothing
5. Death Cab for Cutie – The Sound of Settling (live)
6. Claude Shalle – Santa Maria (Del Buen Ayre) –You’d recognize it if you heard it.
7. Red Hot Chili Peppers – I Could Have Lied
8. Oasis – The Girl in the Dirty Shirt
9. Turin Brakes – Rain City
10. Notorious BIG – Big Poppa — I put this on someone’s CD, but I can’t remember who or why.
11. Loverboy – Working for the Weekend
12. Led Zeppelin – The Ocean
13. The Beatles – Three Cool Cats
14. Boz Scaggs – Payday — I can’t put my finger on Boz’s genre, but I know it’s smooth.
15. The Ramones – Rockaway Beach
16. John Mayer – Back to You (live)
17. Live – Mother Earth is a Vicious Crowd
18. Ryan Adams – Chin Up, Cheer Up
And that’s 1.1 hours.